JMIR Publications is pleased to announce that the Interactive Journal of Medical Research, indexed in the Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI), has been given an inaugural Journal Impact Factor (JIF) of 2.0 from the 2023 Journal Citation Reports™ (JCR). This is a great achievement for everyone involved and continues to demonstrate the importance of the Interactive Journal of Medical Research’s contribution to the scientific community and progressing open science and digital health.
Born and published open access since 2011, JMIR Interactive Journal of Medical Research has been included among the world's best journals in the Medicine, Research & Experimental (ESCI) category. Journals receiving an inaugural Impact Factor in 2023 will not receive ranks, quartiles, or percentiles until 2024.
Highly cited articles from the Interactive Journal of Medical Research include:
- Barriers and Facilitators to Genetic Service Delivery Models: Scoping Review
- Perceived Treatment Satisfaction and Effectiveness Facilitators Among Patients With Chronic Health Conditions: A Self-Reported Survey
- Cytochrome P450 1B1 Overexpression in Cervical Cancers: Cross-sectional Study
In total, 14 out of the 34 open access journals published by JMIR Publications now have a JIF. This represents a 133% increase compared to last year. Additionally, we have launched more journals in the past two years that are not yet eligible for metrics such as JIF and CiteScore.
Our journals with inaugural Impact Factors include:
o JMIR Aging - 4.9
o JMIR Cancer - 2.8
o JMIR Formative Research - 2.2
o JMIR Human Factors - 2.7
o JMIR Medical Education - 3.6
o JMIR Pediatrics and Parenting - 3.7
o JMIR Research Protocols - 1.7
JMIR Publications' flagship and tenured journals continue to remain strong:
- Our flagship journal Journal of Medical Internet Research, has gone from 7.1 to 7.4
- JMIR Medical Informatics remains at 3.2
- JMIR Mental Health has gone from 6.3 to 5.2
- JMIR mHealth and uHealth has gone from 4.9 to 5
- JMIR Public Health and Surveillance has gone from 14.6 to 8.5
- JMIR Serious Games has gone from 3.3 to 4
Discover JMIR Publications' complete open access journal portfolio and explore the communities progressing digital health.
Together, we are bringing research in medicine to the forefront. Submit your paper now to the Interactive Journal of Medical Research.