(June 2015) Thomson Reuters, producer of the Journal Citation Reports and Web of Science and other database products, is creating a new edition of Web of Science (Emerging Sources Citation Index, ESCI); and we are proud to report that JMIR journals have been selected for the content expansion.
The new Thomson Reuters Web of Science edition ESCI, which launches later in 2015, will include influential journals covering a variety of disciplines. "The journals selected have been identified as important to key opinion leaders, funders, and evaluators worldwide.", says a Thomson Reuters communication about the database. "We are proud that the Thomson Reuters team recognizes the influence of the JMIR journals", commented Gunther Eysenbach, publisher at JMIR Publications.
The following journals are confirmed to be part of the initial ESCI release, with more JMIR journals to be added:
- INTERACTIVE JOURNAL OF MEDICAL RESEARCH, http://www.i-jmr.org, ISSN 1929073X
- JMIR MHEALTH AND UHEALTH, http://mhealth.jmir.org/, ISSN 22915222
- JMIR MEDICAL INFORMATICS, http://medinform.jmir.org/, ISSN 22919694
- JMIR RESEARCH PROTOCOLS, http://www.researchprotocols.org/, ISSN 19290748
- JMIR SERIOUS GAMES, http://games.jmir.org/, ISSN 22919279
JMIR Publications is working on getting its newer journals such as JMIR Mental Health into the collection as well. JMIR Publications is now publishing over a dozen journals with topics covering innovation in health and technology.